Daddy's been talking all week about a SURPRISE on Saturday morning... I've spent several evenings trying to convince him to "spill the beans"and... he finally gave in. He said, "Fine we're going kayaking on the Buffalo Bayou!" Are you kidding... I might have thrown a fit about how that would be a less than desirable Saturday, and quite dangerous to kayak the city waterway filled with only God knows what with our small child! He led me on for quite a while about how he'd already made the reservation, and that I was ruining his plan that he was SO excited about! I told him I didn't believe him.... and the night went on. He finally said, "Honey, we're not really doing that!" Ya- go figure.
But Saturday morning came... Daddy woke Grace up and got her dressed... and off we went. Daddy explained to us that this was what he did as a child... (going to Murray Park). We went to Starbucks for some coffee, then on to Shipley's for "doney's, and onto the park to feed the "duckies." Grace had SO much fun feeding the duckies in the park, and eating her pink sprinkle donut!
Oh yes... our child LOVES sugar!
We then went right down the road to our favorite Katy park (The Train Park) to slide, run around, and jump on the bridge.
What a wonderful, relaxing Saturday it was as a family at home!

No comments:
Post a Comment